Friday, April 10, 2015

Fancy Tickled

As I mentioned in my March Favourites, I've been all about OPI polishes lately, especially their impeccable cremes. While I put Panda-Monium Pink as my most loved polish last month, Tickle My France-y was a very close second. I didn't think much of the colour at first, dismissing it as a boring nude that probably wouldn't suit my skin tone. I've gone through so many variations of the neutral nail, but they've either been difficult to work with (bad formula, too sheer) or not flattering (too light, too dark, too red, too grey, too beige, too "blah"). But Tickle My France-y proved to be one of those rare polishes that I didn't think too much of initially, but immediately loved once I put on my nails.







This is exactly the colour that I hoped OPI Dulce De Leche would be on me. I find Dulce De Leche to be a bit too dark and brownish red on my nails, though it's extremely flattering on darker skin tones. Tickle My France-y however, gets the balance right. It's not too light or dark, not too warm or cool. While described as a "gray-brown", I don't detect that much grey on my nails, but rather a rosey-mauve bent.

Tickle My France-y was released as part of La Collection de France for autumn/fall 2008. I actually recall this collection when it first came out, as I was obsessing over the shade You Don’t Know Jacques! (a shade I coveted because of Rumi Neely of Fashion Toast). I additionally purchased Parlez Vous OPI?, also from the collection, but never paid much attention to Tickle My France-y. It now seems that it's become one of OPI's classic colours (at least to warrant inclusion in The Iconic Four minis set).

I have similar colours to Tickle My France-y that could be classified in the "gray-brown" family (like Butter London Yummy Mummy and Revlon Gray Suede), but the OPI is my clear favourite. It's not as taupe or beige, but rather, more pink and minky, which adds a feminine, polished appeal.

20 comments:

  1. Oh this is a very nice nude shade, totally my cup of tea! I have so many similar shades but I still think I need this color in my life :P
    OPI nail polishes are great, but they are so expensive here :/ I might get them when I am in Jakarta next month though, they're cheaper there :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the maybelline 7 day gel colour in Rose Poudre looks like a dupe for this. I think you'd like it, its such an awesome polish and the range is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this colour! Absolutely stunning! Definitely have to go hunt it down!
    Madeleine, The Daily Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty shade and I just love it. I've never tried a shade like this as well.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the one I used for going into the office! I love this shade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty shade x

    http://abeautyromancee.blogspot.co.uk
    http://abeautyromancee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite OPI nail polish!! Literally gone through multiple bottles of this, which I can't say for many other nail polishes. I love that in some lights it leans pink and other lights it leans nude but not so nude that it washes you out! So happy you love it :)

    Chloé⎪ status.chlo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This color is soo pretty *-*
    I need to get a few more OPI into my life...although I've been thinking more into trying Formula X from Sephora...
    Take care*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I love this colour! So pretty and understated!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD // Win a Luxury Beauty Item of your Choice

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a gorgeous shade! I wish I could get my hands on this. My favourite "nude" is Dior Incognito.

    blush and simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is definitely one of my favorites from OPI! It makes me feel so clean.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This shade is sooo gorgeous! I think I may own something similar from etude house but I haven't worn it in a while! Love these types of shade, how they are so classic, polished and feminine looking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this, one of my favourite OPIs :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally suits you, gorgeous shade. Tickle my France-y was actually my very first bottle of OPI, which Mister chose and bought for me at David Jones. I think I only wore it a handful of times and it seems a much nicer colour on you than it was on me, but the formula was great and I can see why it has reached classic status for the brand. Your nails always look so perfect, makes me despise my own ah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't! Your nails are perfect just the way they are :>

      Delete
    2. oh you are sweet but that is definitely untrue! the shape is driving me crazy, I need to keep taking my hair skin nails tablets lol

      Delete
  15. That's such a gorgeous colour! Usually the pink nail polishes I come across are too light, but this one looks perfect for autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  16. L'Oreal Color Riche Rose Bagatelle 205 is definitely a dupe for that OPI. I wear it all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...