Monday, January 9, 2012

Beauty Favourites

A few products that I really love, in no particular order. 


1. Klorane dry shampoo with oat milk I tend to wash my hair every second day at night. This product is a lifesaver for those times when I cannot gather the energy nor inclination to wash my hair, and when sleeping as soon as possible is a higher priority than clean, shiny hair the following morning. I shake the bottle and spray some of this stuff on my roots in the morning, wait a couple of minutes and brush through. It makes my limp, oily and dirty hair look freshly washed and effectively soaks up my greasy scalp for the whole day. An incredible time and effort saver, this dry shampoo can also be used on clean locks to add volume and texture, especially in combination with backcombing.

2. Maybelline Baby Lips in Relieving Menthol My go-to lip balm, I take this everywhere I go. Ever since this was released in Australia, I've gone through several tubes and need to stock up again. It glides on smoothly and distributes the right amount of balm to the lips, instantly providing minty relief. I wear this lip balm overnight and I do find that in the morning my lips feel soft and moisturised. It can be applied before lipstick as a base to prep the lips, or over lipstick for extra moisture and to add a subtle sheen.

3. Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate This creamy, coral-tinted lip balm softens the lips while adding a pop of colour and comes in an elegantly designed pot. It is fairly pigmented so I sometimes use this on my cheeks as a cream blush for a healthy, rosy flush. It is a little pricey (retailing in Australia for $18.95) compared with most lip balms, but for the high quality and beautiful packaging, it's well worth it. I'd love to collect these in the other shades available, particularly Jasmine, Quince and Wild Rose.

4. Jurlique Rose Hand Cream Smells heavenly like Turkish Delight and a small amount goes a long way. Non-greasy and fast absorbing. My favourite hand cream, hands down. I'm also a fan of Jurlique's Rosewater Balancing Mist which I liberally spray to my face when I feel like a refreshing, hydrating spritz.

5. Bourjois Liner Feutre in Noir Part of my daily makeup routine, this eyeliner is long lasting and inky, with the felt tip enabling easy and precise application for creating a winged eye.

6. Shiseido Eyelash Curler A step that I rarely neglect before applying masara is curling my lashes. This curler fits well with the shape of my eye and gets very close to the base of the lashes, forming a noticeable upwards curl. Mascara then becomes easier to apply and has a greater effect.

7. Swisspers Cucumber Facial Cleansing Wipes Convenient, generously sized and damp with enough product to remove a face full of makeup. Leaves the skin feeling cleansed and toned. These facial wipes also have a refreshing and clean scent that isn't overpowering or unpleasantly synthetic smelling.

8. Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Nude Finding that elusive perfect nude lipstick can be a lengthy, disappointing and costly process. Thankfully my search is over. This balanced nude is warmed by tones of pink and peach, resulting in a flattering, understated and very wearable colour. The ColorBurst lipsticks easily rival higher end brands, with beautiful shades, a creamy and moisturising formulation that applies well to the lips, and sophisticated quilted packaging. What's not to love.

1 comment:

  1. Does the Klorane dry shampoo have a scent? I'm looking around for a good dry shampoo to bring to China with me but I'm not sure I'll like the Batiste Tropical scent when Harbin's average temperatures are quite literally freezing. It just doesn't seem right.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...