Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Rock That Hue

I'm not really a jewellery-inclined girl. I could count the pieces of proper jewellery I own on the fingers of one hand, mostly gifts from my parents. I used to collect cheap earrings when I was younger, but most of them never saw the light of day. My ears have been pierced since Year 4, but they're usually unadorned, except for a period when I wore simple studs, or special occasions where I bring out a dangly pair. I tend not to wear necklaces or bracelets, partly because I simply don't like any of them enough to want to wear them, and partly because I find them superfluous and hard to coordinate with the rest of my outfit.

It's only when I find myself drawn to something that I begin to envisage the possibilities. I become convinced that I need a certain piece in my possession to coordinate and complete my wardrobe. When something just accords with my exact tastes, I'd want to wear it all the time. Enter this ring from Magnolia Silver Jewellery.




A simple, thin sterling silver band designed to showcase a round, multifaceted pale jade stone. The size, colour and slight translucence makes it look quite novel, almost like a ring pop, but the shape, cut and materials add refinement and quality. Best paired with an eggshell, cream, dove grey or taupe nail polish and ideal for adding a tranquil element of colour to my primarily neutral-based wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...